May... for us desert locals it means the very last of non 100-degree temps. (NOTE: it's only the 4th and we are set to hit 108 today.) But the nights are still cool, and the air is dry, so we are still super active outside, and heading into lake season. (And the season we simply scout out every single indoor activity possible.) Following are five things happening here in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and the surrounding for those of you traveling with toddlers and babies to our awesome cities.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center LEGO Star Wars Days has a ton of activities that the kids will love, and a cafe that you will also enjoy. P.S. There's also a soundproof room with 180 degree views so you can watch from inside!
- Bubble Bash happens across multiple shopping areas so you are sure to find one near you. There's interactive bubble discovery stations (make your own wands and get your science on regarding bubbles,) and of course millions of bubbles to try and pop.
- where kids can make their own bubble wands, learn about the science behind bubbles & play among millions of floating bubbles. Oh and it's FREE!
- "The Three Little Pigs" at the Arizona Puppet Theater from May 2nd through May 27th. Hours run Wednesday through Friday at 10am and then Saturdays at 10am & 2pm and Sundays at 2pm.
- "Beauty and the Beast" can be seen at the Musical Theater of Anthem from May 3-12th. It's a great place to take kids and not expect them to act like old folk angels.
What would you add? How can we help you find your activities while visiting the desert?