January is one of the busiest times for visitors here in the Valley and in the surrounding areas. While the temperatures are below zero in many other places in the US, our temperatures can be perfect for hiking, horseback riding, and even hanging by our fabulous resort pools. Below are our five favorite kid-friendly activities in Arizona during January.
- January 1st-3rd, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. - The American Girl "Doll of the Year" unveiling. Scottsdale Quarter. After seeing the doll that will only be sold this year, you can stroll through the open air shops and restaurants with the kids and enjoy the outside offerings.
- The Out of Africa Wildlife Park is beautiful this time of year. It's rustic, and allows for a nice walk and tons of running around for the littles. You can see tigers and lions, go on safari, and even zip line!
- The Enchanted Island Amusement Park has so much to do with kids from rides and picnics to feeding ducks and chasing birds. There's pedal boats and arcades games galore. It's the perfect place for ages 1-10!
- The Piestewa Peak Dreamy Draw Trails offer numerous hiking trails as well as a simple partially PAVED walk trail just off of 32nd Street and Shea that many of use non-hikers have been known to take our babies in strollers on when it's nice outside. There's trails for pros and trails for beginners; all within a short distance of all Scottsdale resorts and Phoenix hotels.
- The Goldfield Ghost Town is a fun little getaway that takes you back to another time. You witness a gun fight, pan for gold, take an underground tour through mines underground, and also take a narrow gauge train.
So if you are traveling to Phoenix with kids or heading to Scottsdale with babies, be sure to check these family-friendly activities out and be sure to let us help you feel right at home with crib rentals, toy rentals, stroller rentals, and more.